Mommies are always concerned about their kids, especially, a bit more when it comes to food. Even though we know something is good for their health, we have to think “how to make them eat that special food”.
Green Gram is a package of nutrition which we can’t refuse and here are two recipes to make our kids eat the nutrition package at ease. These two are hit with my LITTLE MAN.
Green Gram – Sweet Balls
Green gram gets boiled in less time which makes this recipe an instant one.
*Green Gram – 100 gms
*Jaggery Powder (Organic) – as per your taste
*Ghee – for binding
*cardamom Powder – A pinch (Optional)
*Nuts as you wish – scrapped or cut into very small pieces (Optional)
1. Boil green gram in pressure cooker by just adding water to sink the grams.
2. Cook it in medium flame for 10 minutes, you can check and boil again if needed.
3. Take the boiled green grams in a mixer, add jaggery powder to it and grind it for 20 – 30 seconds
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add very little amount of cardamon powder, and the cutted nuts only if you wish to.
5. Take the ghee in a small bowl and touch it with your fingers before you make balls
6. Make balls by taking small amount of mixture and binding it in your preferred size. That’s it. You are done.
I used to give this as snack for my kid to school and he loves it. You can try the same with chick peas also and the taste will so good. But we have to soak it overnight and then boil it.
Green Gram – Vada
*Green Gram – 150gms
*Onion(Medium) – 1 Finely chopped
*Ginger – a small piece finely chopped
*Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
*Salt – for taste
* Coriander leaves – finely chopped
*Green chilli – 1
*Red chilli powder – as per need
*Chat masala – as per taste
*Coriander Powder – as needed
Soak green gram in water for 4-5 hours. If you are going to do it for evening snack, you can soak it in the afternoon.
1. Take the soaked green gram in mixer draining the water, add finely chopped ginger, cumin seeds and salt for taste and grind it into a coarse mixture.
2. Take the grinded mixture in a bowl, add chopped onions, coriander leaves and mix well.
3. Make circle shaped patties with the mixture
4. Heat oil in kadai, shallow fry it and serve it.
Crispy Green gram vada is ready.
*I didn’t add any spicy ingredients as my kid is not used to it.
*You can add green chilli or chilli powder, coriander powder, chat masala while grinding the gram itself because it will get mixed easily
*Don’t overcook it considering that it is raw and not boiled, it will become hard.
*You can do the same with chick peas by soaking it overnight. This will go as a wonderful evening snack for kids.
Hope you all love this recipes. Looking forward for your suggestions.
We are 40 bloggers here who are sharing some healthy and yummy recipes. I would like to thank Anubhuti Seth who blogs at CRIESNLAUGHTER and this blog train is leaving Sanguingirl’s station and will next halt at Divya Chawla’s blog station Daddystrongest . The station master Divya is a mother of 21 months baby boy, who is fond of Non vegetarian dishes ONLY, so you can look forward to a TEMPTING Non vegetarian recipe.